Friday, June 29, 2007

I Love Birds......





Anyone who knows me knows I love birds. I have 3 birds, Pauly, a Quaker parrot, who I got for my birthday, is 7 years old, Chloe, a Cockatiel, who my sister Norma gave me, is about 9 years old, and Sergio, a Macaw, who I got from Norma's friend Cathy, is 14 years old. Paulie knows a few words like "Thank you, dance, get you, oh, oh,"and some more that I can't really make out. Sergio makes up for what Paulie doesn't say. Sergio says "Hello" about 10 times when the phone rings, all in different voices, he says "Anthony, Dominic, Rocco." He also says, "big bird, come here" and lots of other words as well. When I call the kids he answers with a loud "WHAAATTT...." then immediately follows it with a "NOOOO..." I wonder where he gets that from?? The funniest thing he does is laugh out loud and then the more we laugh because he's laughing the more he laughs and then we are all just laughing!! He also barks when someone comes near the house he even barks before our dog Butchy barks!! Someone I didn't know called me and when she heard all the noise in the background she asked me if I was at the zoo!! You know sometimes it feels that way!! It is loud here, but it's fun.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Birds of a feather we are! I love birds too, and will never forget the night that Randy was telling jokes at the dinner table and one of the birds started laughing - what a great and funny memory that is!

Love - Mary

The Capo's said...

I know!! When Sergio gets into his laughing mode, it always reminds me of that day you guys were here. Randy has a great laugh anyway but when the two of them were laughing together it was even better! See you tomorrow, Gina

Anonymous said...

Hi Gina, I'm so happy your blogging. It's a great way for others to get to know you. Your so funny, and your personality is great! I enjoyed reading about your family, Italy, and the birds. You have a great thing going. Keep up the good work. Love, Danielle Sengstock

The Capo's said...

Danielle,
Thank you so much. You made my night! See you soon, Gina