Tuesday, July 17, 2007

MY TEA SET COLLECTION....


Years ago I went to a flea market and as I was looking around I spotted this bird nest miniature tea set. I thought it was the prettiest thing I ever saw. I wanted it so bad but didn't have the money for it. The guy who was selling it couldn't tell me where he would be next, so I thought I would never get it. I told Norma about it with a description and forgot about it. That was in October. Wouldn't you know it, she found it and got it for me for Christmas. That started MY TEA SET COLLECTION.... I have so many now they don't even fit in my curio.
I always had a collection of some sort, When I first got married, I started with owls, I had owls all over the house. Then Rocco came along and took care of that, whatever he didn't break he would throw out in the garbage, if we didn't check the garbage before it went in the can outside it was gone forever. Then I started collecting Precious Moments, that got expensive, then I went to plates. I have so many put away in my closet, like Gone with the Wind, Star Wars, The Wizard of Oz, Elvis (of course),etc. That got expensive too!! For now I'm sticking to My Tea Sets, they are pretty, easy to find and a lot cheaper!!


















No comments: