Thursday, January 8, 2009

My new collection....

I love carousel horses. I remember going to Nunley's in Baldwin when I was a kid, and I could ride the carousel all day!! It wasn't because I loved to just go around and around, but I thought the horses were just beautiful. They closed Nunley's years ago, but saved the horses in a warehouse at Mitchel Field, but now because of the efforts of a little girl in Wantagh, they are being restored and should show up somewhere soon probably back in Baldwin. I bought the first one to start off my collection, Gary and Bing bought me one in Pennsylvania for my birthday, Frank got me two for Christmas, and a friend gave me one of hers! I don't know why it took me so long to start collecting them.










5 comments:

Tim and Lex said...

Hi Gina :o) I'm back!

I think collections are very cool. I started a small collection of crystal doorknobs years ago but kind of slacked off on it. I still love them though :o) Did you know that there is a very beautiful carousel that is still running all the way out East in Greenport? It's right by the water and I think it runs all year long.

See you Sunday! Lex :o)

The Capo's said...

No I didn't. Maybe one day I'll check it out. I love collections too, I have miniture tea sets, collectible plates,precious moments,and I used to have owls but Rocco broke most of them when he was around 2!! Glad you are back!! Gina

Anonymous said...

Oh! They are so pretty! I LOVE carousels! What a neat collection - I used to have one that is very similar but it broke... : (

Have a great day!

Jessica R. said...

There so cute Gina, I'm not much of a collector myself, but I find it fascinating the things that people collect

Tim and Lex said...

Hey Gina!
I tagged you...come to my blog to see what to do next :o)