Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Silver Dollar Plants...

It's so hard to believe these plants go from green plants with purple flowers, to ugly dead plant, then when you clean them up they turn into this interesting dried addition to your dried flower arrangement. I like them.

I had to remove the protective coating that is on each side of the " silver coin " and remove the seeds. I got about 1/4 cup of seeds.














I was doing this outside, the stems are so light they kept blowing away.

It's hard to see but these are a shimmering silver .

3 comments:

Mary said...

These are so pretty Gina! I love the way they look all alone in a simple vase. Good job girl! XO Mary

Abigail said...

Gina,
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you so much for the pictures. They are great, and you are great.
Love,
Abbey

Tim and Lex said...

Hi Gina... I love the fact that you have a blog! Abbey just introduced me to it today. Thanks for stopping by. I intend to be a faithful visitor to your blog too!

I had NO idea you collected teapots! Very cool. See you Sunday.