Monday, February 4, 2008

R.I.P. PAULIE.......

My poor Paulie had to be put to sleep today. He started doing better during the week but then on Saturday night he took a turn for the worse. I held him all day, Saturday and Sunday and even slept with him, sitting in the chair all night both Saturday and Sunday nights. I couldn't put him down because he didn't have the strength to hold himself up. I had to force feed him some special food and water every 3 hours. Today I called the Vet to say he was getting worse and they let me bring him in at 3 pm. The Vet said there was nothing he could do and I needed to put him to sleep. He will be getting cremated and his ashes will be spread out at a cemetery called "Field of Dreams". I miss him already. I got him for my 40th birthday, and had him for 8 years.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww Poor Paulie.

Alisha said...

Oh Gina that is so sad.

Tim and Lex said...

So sorry to hear this new about your Paulie. What a pretty bird he was.

Mary said...

I'm sorry to hear about your bird, Gina.

Anonymous said...

So sorry about Paulie. I loved your parrot.