Tuesday, August 14, 2007

ROCCO'S JOB......

I "happened" to be in the neighborhood where Rocco works today, (Well not really the neighborhood, but close enough!!) So I decided to surprise him and make a visit. I nexteled him and he soon came outside to say hi, and even treated me to a tour of " his private office".. Rocco is starting his 3rd year of college for Architecture at NYIT in Westbury. He always did great through school, but is really doing his best in college. He finished with a 3.9 GPA in June!! Because of his grades, half his tuition is being paid with a scholarship.One of his college professors that he kind of made friends with helped him to get a job as a draftsman, (I think that's what he is ) at a Custom Kitchen and Bath store. The salesmen sell the kitchens, I guess they tell Rocco what the customer wants and Rocco draws, drafts, or uses his computer's CAD program and makes the plans for the craftsmen to then custom make the cabinets. He enjoys it. Since he was a little kid he was always drawing. I once heard " The perfect job to have in life is to pick what you love the most to do, and find a way to get paid for it!! " Sounds good to me and I guess it did for Rocco as well. He works over 50 hours a week in the summer because once college starts in September, he'll be busy at school and doing his projects, so his hours will be cut down dramatically. I'm so proud of him, he's only 20 years old, and really knows what he wants and he's doing what he needs to do to get there!!

















So mature and handsome!!






2 comments:

Mary said...

Reminds me of his Dad and Mom! He's a nice boy Gina, I'm happy for all of you!
Love, Mary

The Capo's said...

Thanks Mary, You are always so nice, Gina